Our New Smyrna Beach Optometry Specialist Offers Contact Lens Exams
Many of us have a vision problem that requires eyewear to correct it. Whether it be glasses or contacts, these devices give us better vision to do what we like to do. However, in order to get eyeglasses or contact lenses, you will need to undergo an eye exam. If you are interested in getting contacts, our eye doctor from Beach Vision, serving the New Smyrna Beach, Ponce Inlet, and Edgewater areas, offer contact lens exams. To help you understand the contact lens exam process, here are a few things you should know.
What is a Contact Lens Exam?
A contact lens exam is a separate exam that not only lets you talk to an optometrist about your contact lens options but also has the eye doctor measure your eyes to properly fit them with your desire contacts. This type of exam is different from the traditional annual eye exam, where an optometry professional tests your visual acuity, depth perception, eye health, and visual sharpness.
A Contact Lens Exam is Necessary If You Want Contacts
Having this exam done is important if you want to wear contact lenses. A contact lens exam allows an eye doctor to safely examine and treat any problems with the eye before you can wear contacts. Also, it enables the optometrist to analyze the interior of the eyes to make sure that contacts are the best choice for your eye care needs. If these are not addressed, any problems you are having with your eyes or vision will only exacerbate.
What a Contact Lens Exam Entails
Your contact lens exam will include the following:
- A consultation with an eye care professional to see if contacts are the best option for your lifestyle and needs
- If you already have contacts, you will talk to the optometrist about current contact lenses
- A comprehensive assessment of your eye health, which will include testing of refractive errors, eye diseases, and other health complications
- Vision exam to determine your prescription
- Fitting of the lenses of your choice, which at the end of the exam, you will be given trial lenses
- Training on the insertion and removal of your contacts as well as how to properly care for them
- Additional eye care advice
Schedule Your Contact Lens Exam Appointment Today
If you have any questions about the contact lens exam, then contact Beach Vision today. We can answer all of your questions and provide you with a detailed explanation of the contact lens exam. If you would like to schedule your appointment, call our eye care team today at 386-423-7788. We proudly serve New Smyrna Beach, Ponce Inlet, and Edgewater.